As a customer service representative at our Vancouver, Washington paper office, Maegan Kantola is an expert at understanding our customer’s needs. Continue reading to learn more about Maegan’s work behind the scenes with Boise Paper!
- What are some of your responsibilities at Boise Paper?
I work directly with our customers. I handle the whole ordering process, from order entry to making sure the customer receives the product. I track customer orders and inventory and work directly with our warehouses, mills, inventory analysis and transportation teams to make sure we are serving our customers to the best of our abilities.
- What do you enjoy most about working at Boise Paper?
The thing I enjoy most about working at Boise Paper is the different people I get to interact with daily. I get to interact with so many people with all different responsibilities and expertise, I am constantly learning more about the business and all the moving parts that make us successful.
- Tell us about your proudest or most memorable moment at work.
My most memorable moment at work was being able to take a tour at our International Falls mill with one of our customers. I loved getting to meet all of the people that keep that mill running and seeing all that goes into making our paper. I also appreciated getting to see the customer learn so much about Boise Paper and our commitment to the environment and sustainable forestry.
- Boise Paper is known for having “Quality You Can Trust.” What does this mean to you?
- “Quality You Can Trust” to me, means from our product to our employees, when purchasing our paper you are guaranteed to receive quality and consistent products and service.
- What’s the best work-related advice you’ve ever received?
- The best work related advice I have received is to never stop learning, take advantage of every learning and growing opportunity possible.
- What is a must-visit spot in the Pacific Northwest?
- The PNW is so beautiful, from the Columbia Gorge to the Coast, there are so many places to be outside and take in the nature around you.
Thanks to Maegan for allowing us to feature her this week, and don’t forget to check out our other employee Personality Profiles.