Rylan Street has been a wood yard operator at our International Falls mill for 12 years. A 3rd generation employee of Boise Paper, Rylan is next to be featured in our Personality Profiles!
- What are some of your responsibilities at Boise Paper?
I represent the assistant superintendent in his absence, ensure environmental dust compliance in our wood yard, make sure round wood piles are reclaimed in proper rotation, and monitor and mentor operators for safe and efficient operation of rolling stock.
- What do you enjoy most about working at Boise Paper?
My coworkers. Spending time together in and out of work. We know each other’s families and share a lot of common interests.
- What’s your favorite thing about the team that you work with?
That we all work together, and by doing so, we have broken production records and helped to keep our mill safe and successful.
- Why is Boise Paper’s role in the community important to you?
I am a third generation employee at Boise Paper. Boise Paper helps keep our community alive and ensures jobs and opportunities for future generations.
- Tell us about your proudest or most memorable moment at work.
Being promoted to the wood yard operator position.
- What’s the best work-related advice you’ve ever received?
Keep an open mind and a positive attitude.
- What do you like to do outside of work?
Beekeeping, making maple syrup, hunting, fishing, and spending time with my wife and two kids.
Thanks to Rylan for sharing his thoughts this week, and don’t forget to check out our other employee Personality Profiles.