Sharpen your pencils and get your backpacks ready because back-to-school season is upon us. While a new school year can be exciting and offer a fresh start, it also comes with a unique set of challenges for everyone involved, especially parents. From buying school supplies to coordinating schedules for after school practices and PTA meetings, a new school year can often feel like a heavy burden. Our five tips can help make this back-to-school season seamless.
- Start Buying School Supplies Early – Give yourself plenty of time to buy new school supplies. Once the class supply list is available, shop for essentials right away. While shopping, look for products with the Box Tops logo. The Box Tops for Education™ program is a great way to give back to your school. Your school can use Box Tops to purchase supplies, sports and music equipment, new technology and more. If colored paper is on your list, look for our line of Boise® FIREWORX® Premium Multi-Use Colored papers Since 2011, Boise Paper has contributed nearly $11 million to U.S. schools and remains the exclusive office paper product partner of Box Tops for Education. Shop early to save yourself time and give back to your kid’s school – it’s a win-win!
- Re-Set Sleep Patterns – After a summer of going to bed late and sleeping in, it’s important to get your family back to a regular sleep pattern. To make everyone’s morning easier, start resetting your kid’s sleep schedule seven to ten days prior to the first day of school. Healthy sleep patterns are crucial for performing well in school. To make sure everyone is getting the recommended sleep for their age, check out this bedtime calculator .
- Set a Routine – The beginning of the school year can be very busy. From after school practices, extracurricular activities, homework and time with friends, it’s often difficult to fit everything in. Setting a steady routine can help families avoid mayhem. In order to set the best routine for you and your child, you need to prioritize what is most important and make sure you schedule time each day to complete these priorities. By setting these types of routines early on, you will help your kids understand the importance of time management as they get older.
- Pack Your Bag the Night Before – We get it, no matter how prepared you think you are, some mornings can be chaotic. Avoid a last minute rush to find everything you need by packing your kid’s backpack the night before. Help them grow their sense of planning and responsibility by having kids pack their own backpacks before bedtime. It will help them, and give you more peace of mind in the morning.
- Create Healthy Homework Habits – Homework can be a thorn in everyone’s side. After a long day, it’s the last thing anyone wants to do. Consistency is key to bringing harmony back to the homework routine. Starting early and finishing before dinner will give everyone a chance to relax at night. For important assignments and reports, rely on Boise POLARIS® Premium Multipurpose paper to deliver the quality you need. POLARIS Multipurpose Paper delivers impressive print results quickly and reliably in any home, office, or high-speed print environment. Our 99.99% jam-free guarantee will allow you to print assignments quickly and efficiently. These little steps will ensure A+ quality homework.
Following these five tips can give parents a stress-free start to the new school year. Enjoy the rest of your summer!